Keeping Furnace Vents Clear of Snow Keeps Heat Running and Prevents Carbon Monoxide Poisioning

January 7, 2014

Keeping Furnace Vents Clear of Snow Keeps Heat Running and Prevents Carbon Monoxide Poisioning


Slife Heating & Cooling wants to remind residents to keep their furnace vents, intake valves and chimneys free of snow and ice in order to keep the heat on and prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.


"With the large amount of snow that fell over the past two days, we have received numerous no-heat calls from customers." says Dave Slife. "Snow has piled up and blocked many chimneys, which causes furnace pilot lights to go out."


Homeowners with high-efficiency furnaces should make sure their fresh air intake pipes are free of snow. They're usually white plastic pipes that come out of the side of a home. Another thing to be aware of is a blocked chimney, intake pipe or exhaust vent could result in carbon monoxide poisoning. Make sure that you also have a working carbon monoxide detector in your residence. 


If you suspect a problem, you should immediately open your doors and windows and leave the building. If you experience symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning -- which include headaches, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, shortness of breath and stinging or burning eyes -- call 911 for help. 


If you have no heat, please contact us and one of our expereinced technicians will come our 24 hours/7 days a week to get you up and running again!


Stay warm and safe!


Email Shelly Koenig at Follow her on Facebook and Twitter: @ShellyKoenig76.

Please reload

Featured Posts

Why Dampered Zoning System? - Better Temperature Control Over Your Entire House

January 25, 2014

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload


 © 2014, All Rights Reserved. Slife Heating & Cooling, Inc., Site by Shelly Koenig, webmaster 

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Google+ App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon